1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access Date/Time Not Working

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dphilton, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dphilton

dphilton Thread Starter

Last week in a database I was developing I had 2 Date/Time fields set with General Date format. It was working perfectly last week where I would type in 10/24 12a and it would expand it out to 10/24/2007 12:00 AM for me.

Fast forward to today and it is now only recording the Date and not the time. I have changed nothing and on a rare occasion can get it to recognize the date and time in the datasheet view but never from the form.

Anyone else ever witness this and know the fix?

Thanks

DPH

Edit: Well I found what I believe is the issue.

If I type 10/26 11p it will convert to 10/26/2007 11:00 PM so the user can short hand the entry.
    If I type 10/26 12a it will only show the date. So 1 minute around the entire clock will error.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice