1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access/Excel VBA programming Within Apple Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by VBA-RPK, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VBA-RPK

VBA-RPK Thread Starter

Question to the group:
    I do a lot of intensive VBA programming within MS Access (2003 and 2010) for clients and have always programmed on PC platforms within Windows 2000, XP, 7 operating systems. Everything's worked just great. No problems.
    I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and had Windows 7 installed on Bootcamp. I've installed MS Office 2010 and the installations are all humming along nicely and everyone seems to be playing well together.
    My problem is that my existing Excel and Access applications that use VBA code generate boatloads of errors on the Mac platform (with Windows 7 running on Bootcamp). Attempts to program anything but the simplest VBA scripts also generate errors that do not appear on the PC platforms.
    My questions are: Is this a problem with References or program/computer settings? Have other programmers tried to do the same thing I am doing and had the same problems? Is the Mac system simply incompatible with a Bootcamp/Windows/Office/VBA layering? Is there a solution? I can't find any other references to this problem in the searches I have performed so far. Any input would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice