1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access Help needed

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by oggie666, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oggie666

oggie666 Thread Starter

I am in the process of creating a database, and have only just started to use access.

I am wanting to create a Drop down list box on a form. I want to do it so that whatever option i choose on that particular record, doesnt carry over to the next record.

EG. If i was creating a music database to catalogue all the music i have on all different types of media, i would like to be able to create a drop down box, so i could select CD for the first record, Then tape for the second record, maybe CD for the third record, maybe Vinyl for the fourth record etc......

The only problem is when i try and follow the instructions it all becomes confusing and i end up getting All records with the same option.....

Eg I put CD in the first record and when i go onto the second record to choose Tape, i go back to the first and that also now says tape....

I know this is a bit long winded but any help is appreciated

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    oggie, can you upload your DB? You've got something wrong...

You should have a table called "formats" or something. In it you should have the following fields:
    FormatID
    FormatDesc

Then, in your main records table, you should have a field called Format. For the data type, choose Lookup Wizard, and do a lookup to the Formats table. Choose BOTH fields, but let it hide the ID field.

3. oggie666

oggie666 Thread Starter

thanks for the help thats cured it

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice