1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access Help

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dsoucy, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dsoucy

dsoucy Thread Starter

Hi,

I am currently working on adding onto an Access database that was created about six months ago. I do not have any experience with Access. The purpose of this database is to track sponsorships for our various events. I have been asked to add more records and fields. This is proving to be much more difficult than I thought.

My main question is if anyone can recommend an easy reading how to book for MS Access 2000? Anything would be helpful.

Thank you.

2. cahallmxj

cahallmxj

dsoucy:

Well if you have no experience at all with Access you might try one of the dummies books as a rosetta stone and then move onto one of the bibles. A quick look at amazon.com or your local bookstores computer section ought to turn one up. Also you might take a look at the learning visually series of books, their helpful if your not sure whats where in a program and they show you step by step

3. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Look here this is a helpful tutorial

http://www.profsr.com/access/accless0.htm

what your asking for won't be hard to do, you just have to get familiar with navigating through access. you need to get into table design to add the new field to the table that requires it and then understand where that field is referenced in Queries and reports forms etc it can get complicated if you have queries built on Queries.

Once the field is added to the table you would want to work backwards from your forms or reports through queries to find the table. Make notes as you go of their names then go back through starting from the table and add in the new fields as you go for each object (form ,query,report etc.)

I just wanted to give you something to go on, the books or that web site won't really help you with figuring your way through someone elses design, but will help you understand how things work and what they're called.

Post back if you need more help as you go.

4. slurpee55

slurpee55

Ziggy is right about figuring out someone else's layout...if you don't have a good school or an excellent book on hand, just fool around with the program in your spare time. It is actually very logical (if you avoid thinking that it is like a spreadsheet - #1 error!) and rather easy to learn.
    I quite like Cary Prague's books, if you want a specific place to look once you are feeling comfortable.
    Good luck, and stay in touch!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice