Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms Access Help

628 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  downwitchyobadself 
#1 ·
I have a form in which I have a COMMENT field but I do not want anyone to be able to make changes to the comment that I put in. Besides selecting "NO" to "Enabled" in the field properties, is there anything else that I can do? (I do not want the field to show up grey as it would if I do the above). The database can be accessed by anyone and there is no login required.

Secondly, how do I get a text field to show up in uppercase only whether a user type in text in lowercase or uppercase?

Thanks

#2 ·
Set enabled to No, locked to Yes, and the field will not show as greyed out. If you make its background and border transparent, in fact, it can blend right in with your form.

For the uppercase conversion (good one--had to check it out myself ;)), use the following in input mask for the text box in question:
Code:
 < CCCCC
(Take the space out, the code function is not working right.) Note that the number of Cs equals a number of characters; the C means any optional character (check Access online help under Input Mask for more details on changing input--there's more info there). If you have more than 5 characters to enter, well then obviously you'll need more Cs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.