1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ms access office95 pro on win xp machine app error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kass, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kass

kass Thread Starter

i am running office 95 pro on a machine with windows xp.
    while trying to create forms for a wizard data base useing the form wizard i get the error message "the instruction at "0x5009e038" refrenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "read". "
    Anybody have any idea whats going on or how to fix it. I have no clue. I even tried reinstal of office and ran scan disk. Also the form will create once but will not save the second form always gives the error.

kass

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I don't know how to do it exactly but try running XP in Win 98 mode to see how it works, maybe someone who knows what I am talking about can Direct you.

Can you not update the forms on a PC that it works on and then run it on the XP machine, updating the form would not be an everyday thing.

*Being such an old version you would be better off upgrading.

3. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Ok I checked my PC at work as it has XP. Start the Help file and put "compatible" in a search then this should be the first result :Getting older programs to run on Windows XP

Follow the help file from there

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice