MS Access: read only

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rep

Greetings

I was given a database created with Access. When I go to open it I am told this is "read only". Please tell me that this can be converted to a usable tool again. If so how?

Thanks

Hello Rep,
If the file came from a CD data disk, then you can try this: open My Computer, click on the drive and the folder where your file is located, do not open the file, just right-click on it and go to Properties, put a check in the Archive box and uncheck the Read-Only, then click on Apply. Close the window. Locate your file and open it.

:)

Rep

Artweave

Thanks so much for your response. Your suggestion did work for me. I have my database back!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts