1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access VBA Error 3320

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by rdyinit, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdyinit

rdyinit Thread Starter

Hi, I've created an access database at work to track projects, and I'm distributing the mde file for the end-users. To give a little background info: the end-user has a "local" copy of the data in an mdb, and they are linked to "master" data mdb file stored on a shared drive when they send their updates.

I do not receive the error, but end-users are getting Error 3320 "Function is Not available in expressions in table-level validation expression" when the code is trying to copy information from the "master" data file to their "local" data file.
    I've reset some references, in case they have older versions, but still get the error. :mad:

All searches online have instructed to verify/remove table-validations, but I don't have any of those.:confused:

We have to install 100 users by 10/21, so I need help!! :eek:
    Does anyone have a resolution for this?

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Are these other users using Runtime or full MS Access? You may want to check the references being used (ocx's and dll's) and make sure each machine has what is required.

If you Google the error, you will see, some others have had same issues in the past.

MBN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice