Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS Access XP Pro .. HELP!

845 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bindi 
#1 ·
Creating tables, SQL queries work fine until I try to start a wizard, or an input mask.. when for example I double click on 'create form using wizard' .. it brings up a window saying "installing Microsoft Access feature......" and the scrollbar progresses across for a few seconds then it brings up the wizard window as it should however, once I am in there, there is only one table available to select the fields from, not all the tables and queries I have in the database! ..

If I try to select an attribute from the given table, I can't add anything to the form... when I click next it doesn't go anywhere.. clicking cancel doesnt even close the window, I have to ctrl + alt + del to get out of it!

I should also mention, that it brings up the 'installing MS Acccess feature' box quite frequently, every time I open Access, when I select the create new form in design view.. every time..

I emailed the same DB to a friend, they opened it fine and were able to access all the tables in the wizard view.... He is also running Office XP Pro..

I have tried converting the DB to 2002 version and it's the same...

I have reinstalled MS Access, selecting 'run all from my computer' .... same problem...

Ran a repair on MS Access.. same problem...

Reinstalled the entire Office XP ... selecting 'run all from my computer' ...same problem.

I have an assignment that is due on Monday and I have to create multiple forms.. I hope that someone can help.. I wasted about 2 hours lastnight trying to get past this...

Thanks in advance...

PS. Not sure if it's relevant but I am running WinXP and have 512MB RAM, AMD 1200+ CPU and 80GB HDD ...

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm going to guess that this article answers your question; the same article comes up when searching on Office XP, which as far as I can tell is the same thing as Access 2002, so I don't quite understand what you mean by "converting the DB to 2002 version". Anyway, if that article doesn't answer your question, I'd try searching the MS website a bit more--you can probably find an answer there faster than you'll get one here.

#3 ·
Thanks for that. I spent some time yesterday trying to solve the problem and I fixed it. All it took was installing SP1 for Office XP and it worked! :) Gosh.. talk about a frustrating experience.. was beginning to think that my whole PC was up the creek.. now I know it's fine!

Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.