1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Access XP Pro .. HELP!

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bindi, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bindi

bindi Thread Starter

Creating tables, SQL queries work fine until I try to start a wizard, or an input mask.. when for example I double click on 'create form using wizard' .. it brings up a window saying "installing Microsoft Access feature......" and the scrollbar progresses across for a few seconds then it brings up the wizard window as it should however, once I am in there, there is only one table available to select the fields from, not all the tables and queries I have in the database! ..

If I try to select an attribute from the given table, I can't add anything to the form... when I click next it doesn't go anywhere.. clicking cancel doesnt even close the window, I have to ctrl + alt + del to get out of it!

I should also mention, that it brings up the 'installing MS Acccess feature' box quite frequently, every time I open Access, when I select the create new form in design view.. every time..

I emailed the same DB to a friend, they opened it fine and were able to access all the tables in the wizard view.... He is also running Office XP Pro..

I have tried converting the DB to 2002 version and it's the same...

I have reinstalled MS Access, selecting 'run all from my computer' .... same problem...

Ran a repair on MS Access.. same problem...

Reinstalled the entire Office XP ... selecting 'run all from my computer' ...same problem.

I have an assignment that is due on Monday and I have to create multiple forms.. I hope that someone can help.. I wasted about 2 hours lastnight trying to get past this...

Thanks in advance...

PS. Not sure if it's relevant but I am running WinXP and have 512MB RAM, AMD 1200+ CPU and 80GB HDD ...

2. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

I'm going to guess that this article answers your question; the same article comes up when searching on Office XP, which as far as I can tell is the same thing as Access 2002, so I don't quite understand what you mean by "converting the DB to 2002 version". Anyway, if that article doesn't answer your question, I'd try searching the MS website a bit more--you can probably find an answer there faster than you'll get one here.

3. bindi

bindi Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I spent some time yesterday trying to solve the problem and I fixed it. All it took was installing SP1 for Office XP and it worked! :) Gosh.. talk about a frustrating experience.. was beginning to think that my whole PC was up the creek.. now I know it's fine!

Thanks again. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170637

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice