MS Access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clairw

Please can someone help me? I do not know why, but I can no longer import files into ACCESS 97. When I go to import external data, there is no option to select EXCEL or TEXT or any of the other important files......Please Please Please

Anne Troy

Anne
You'll want to have install disk.

Go to control panel-->add/remove programs.

Choose Office, hit add/remove.

You'll want to make sure anything such as "office tools" or "shared files" or "filters/converters" is selected to "install all from my computer".

Hit ok.

If they're missing, they should get reinstalled.

clairw

I have uninstalled and reinstalled about 100 times.....still no luck! Thanks anyway

New one on me. Did you completely uninstall when you uninstalled? (Sounds like a stupid question, but...)

What's you OS? Is anything else acting up? Can you export from Excel into Access?

EDIT: Dreamboat and I posted at the same time... (great minds etc. etc. ;))

clairw

Thanks guys.....I uninstalled, renamed the office directory that is still left and did a complete fresh install....still didnt word. Ended up doing a fresh install of the entire operating system and programs......all working now, but thanks anyway!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online