1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS App Suggestions

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by LA7, Mar 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LA7

LA7 Thread Starter

I need to find a way to export data from Outlook into SPSS via Excel or Access. Each e-mail message has 24 data points. When I export the Outlook folder into excel, it puts all the data into one cell, rather than 24 seperate cells. Are there any relatively simple solutions to this problem?

2. Dalamar

Dalamar

bare with me why I try and understand what you are saying...

You get an Email with 24 parts of data? You want to export that Email into Excel/access?

If that is the case there are a few suggestions, the best being if you have control on how the data is Emailed, you might be able to just email it as a Excel formort. Outlook can load Excel spreedsheets inside outlook. (if I remember correctly, never had to do that, but rather sure it does).

If that is not the case, you can try exporting with Comma delimited, and have it use Paragrahs as the factor for where the comma's go. This would mean the Data in the Email would have to be in a format of: Each paragraph being one set of data.

Think that made since... Good luck

------------------
    ~Jason

Infinity Networking and PC's
    [email protected]

3. LA7

LA7 Thread Starter

Thank you for the response. Yes the latter seems to be what I am leaning towards. I do not have much control over the messages...but they are being sent from text pagers. How do I create these comma commands?

4. Dalamar

Dalamar

Instead of Exporting as Excell, Export as windows comma delimited.. After that I am clueless, tried to do it here at home, but I dont have the Export fully installed. It should be rather simple just follow the directions... If you still need help I will do it from work, and give you an update.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!