1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ms-dos and soundcard

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by teresa_banksuk, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teresa_banksuk

teresa_banksuk Thread Starter

I am trying to install a game in dos, and have problems with the soundcard. All I can get out of the manufacturer is that it is a 'Intel 810 onboard soundcard', and the device manager says it is a 'soundmax integrated digital audio'. The game won't detect my soundcard and i think i need dos drivers for it. Where can i get them? I don't know which version of Dos I am running, and the PC is a Celeron 466, 166MHz, Windows 98.

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

3. teresa_banksuk

teresa_banksuk Thread Starter

I got this problem sorted, now here's a doozie! The game I want to install (Privateer 2) is quite old, and my soundcard isn't recognised by it. I was told I would have to buy an old soundcard, but that my PC might not recognise an old soundcard! Is there any way around this other than me buying a 486 just to play this game??!!

4. dbcoooper

dbcoooper

I used to just try every soundcard offered by the game until I maybe hit on one that worked. Try the different flavors of SoundBlaster first. Of course some may cause your computer to crash but just reboot, go back into game config & try another one...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice