1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ms dos prompt

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bbh001, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbh001

bbh001 Thread Starter

How do I get to a ms dos prompt?

2. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    You should be able to click on Start>Programs and then locate the "MSDos Prompt" entry and click on it. But if there is no entry for "MS Dos Prompt" under Programs do this to get a prompt,

Start>Run, key in the word COMMAND and press enter.

BTW, you can also add an icon to your Desktop to get an MS Dos prompt, too.

Right click on an empty spot on the Desktop and select New>Shortcut. Now in the first dialog box key in the word COMMAND and click on Next. Then click on Finish.

3. bbh001

bbh001 Thread Starter

Thanks Bryan, I followed your instructions and have placed a shortcut on my desktop...Thanks so much for the help :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice