MS Edge Install Error

VMAM

Whenever I try to install MS EDGE through the official setup, it tells
me that I require the latest version Windows 10. I have a limited data connection and do not
wish to update it to the latest version.
Is there any way to get MS Edge without updating to the latest version of Windows.

(Also the previous setup from the official website did not require ME to get the latest version of Windows. Then later I uninstalled MS EDGE. After a few weeks, I downloaded the latest setup from the
official website and now it says that it requires me to get the latest version of Windows)

Can someone help me download MS EDGE without updating Windows (maybe by providing me with the previous setup file).............

Please HElp me OUT :)

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Which version of Windows your computer is running on?

Type winver in the search area and press Enter. In the window that will open you can get this information.

plodr

Liz
What version of Edge are you trying to install? The first older version, called leagacy or the newer Chromium version?

Since support is dropping for the Legacy version, you might only be able to get a download for the Chromium version from MS's catalog.

Here are legacy versions from a non-MS site
https://filehippo.com/download_edge-browser/

Edge Chromium
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4501095/download-the-new-microsoft-edge-based-on-chromium
this is old but every time I go to a download page, because I'm on Windows 7, it refuses to show me anything for Windows 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online