MS Edge Remembering History After a Boot Up?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jack1000

Is this normal?

From time to time in build 1803, MS Edge is remembering the last Window I had opened in the browser and the History in Edge shows this. How can I make it so that Edge opens to my homepage, Google.com each and every time on a restart or a bootup? Note that Timeline is turned off.

Or is this a feature in Edge by design?

Jack

managed

Allan
Click the three dots at top right in Edge > Settings > Click down arrow under Open Microsoft Edge with > click A specific page or pages and enter the URL for the page you want, in your case enter 'google.com' without the quotes, then click on the floppy icon to save it.

Restart Edge and it should open with google.com as the home page.

Jack1000

Click the three dots at top right in Edge > Settings > Click down arrow under Open Microsoft Edge with > click A specific page or pages and enter the URL for the page you want, in your case enter 'google.com' without the quotes, then click on the floppy icon to save it.

Restart Edge and it should open with google.com as the home page.
I did this and did a restart and it seems to help. Cleared the cache in Settings. Others have reported this issue as well.

Jack

managed

Allan
I'm glad it helped. See how it goes for a few days and if it's fixed please mark this thread Solved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!