1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Error 1919

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DCM1519, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM1519

DCM1519 Thread Starter

I have been trying to reinstall MS Word and keep getting thie "MS Error 1919" message. Did a Google search and tried all the Microsoft "fixes".

None of them would complete without saying that the version was not compatible or another lame excuse.

I have tried all the MDAC packages they offer and the only thing that I have not tried is copying the "missing registry entries" that they mention. Figured that might not work because even though there would then be a registry entry, it might not refer to anything that exists.

One other hope is that by running SFC, the problem will be something within Windows XP Home that will get fixed.

Anyone else had this happen?

I have installed Open Office now to get by for a while. I don't really like MS products but some Word docs just won't open without it.

Note: I tried a trial version of Wordperfect and I imagine that the removal of that product caused all this. Maybe I will have to buy Wordperfect again and start using it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice