1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Event Viewer?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by uselbi, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uselbi

uselbi Thread Starter

How would I connect to my son’s computer using MS Event Viewer and does he need windows 7 ? Thanks.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You need to know how to open Event Viewer? On what operating system?

I don't know if he needs Windows 7. Why does he think he does? What does he use the computer for? How old is it?

3. uselbi

uselbi Thread Starter

I have windows 7 and my son has Vista maybe a couple of years older then mine and yes I can open Event Viewer. Thanks DoubleHelix.

4. highspeed

highspeed

By getting to know the exact model of the computer he is using, you can be able to find out if he can sue windows 7 or not.
    Also since you can open event viewer on his vista computer, fine you can check you want to check on his computer.

5. xalerik

xalerik

Hi,

Here step-by step described how to configure eventlog subscriptions. This method is used to receive remote event logs to your PC.
    It's also possible to use mmc.
    Start > run > mmc.
    in Microsoft management console File > add/remove snap-in. Select Computer Management and in next window select radio box Another computer and enter son's PCs IP address.
    If you have administrator rights on his PCs both methods should work.

6. uselbi

uselbi Thread Starter

Thank you Xalerik I'll give it a try.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040314

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice