1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Excel Sheets

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kkh, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kkh

kkh Thread Starter

Is there a formula or macro I can use to add all the cells C4 in each of the several sheets? I am thinking of something like in the old Lotus 123 Release 3. A simple syntax might be "Sum(Sheet1!C4:SheetN!C4"). Does anyone know how to use Excel as a true 3D spreadsheet?

2. bomb #21

bomb #21

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!C4)

But it'll have to be on a sheet that's left of Sheet1 or right of Sheet3, if you follow.

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Doesn't have to be on a different sheet, just can't be in C4 of any of the sheets inbetween (and including) Sheet1 & Sheet3. :)

4. bomb #21

bomb #21

Here's what surprised me. If you have sheet order 1 - 2 - 3 and create the 3-D ref on Sheet2 it'll circular ref. However, if you move Sheet2 "outside", then create the ref, then move Sheet2 back 'in line', it won't baulk. Go figure. :rolleyes:

5. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

It should, bomb. As soon as it calculates it will find the circ reference again. Unless you have it in a different cell.

6. bomb #21

bomb #21

Yes, in a different cell -- did I say it wasn't? :D Was just surprised it didn't throw it out anyway. :)

7. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Then all you have to remember is if the calc is in a different cell, that sheets referenced (in formula) cell will now be part of the calculation.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/458407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice