ms flight simulator X install problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lowrunner

I have recently reformatted my computer, my O.S. is XP-PRO, SP3 Corporate Edition w/updates, kaspersky internet security 2009,intel pentiun4 3ghz.
im trying to install a downloaded version of "microsoft Flight Simulator X" (Razor 1911), but near the end i get this message: ("TheMSXML4 SP2 component is not installed,please reinstall Flight Sim. to restor or repair this missing component").
ive tried downloading "MSXML4 SP2" from microsoft but to no avail. i tried downloading
"msxml4.manifest" and putting into folder,tried downloading sp1 update from sim site, but still no luck still get message. have uninstalled and re-installed around 5 times, each time running Ccleaner to clean registry and "reg scrub xp", then defrag system before each install. could someone please give me some directions on how to get this fixed please?
i had no problem when my operating system was only updated with sp2. very frustrated please help.
thanks for your time

ps everything on my computer works flawlessly except this.
i also looked in my windows system32 folder and i show a : msxml4.dll and its version 4.20.9870.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online