1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS LifeCam Cinema

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fulgur, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fulgur

Fulgur Thread Starter

LifeCam Cinema Installed on Gateway GT3022B
    BIOS Version: Intel Corp. NT94510J.15A.0052.2005.0915.1910
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional Version:5.1.2600 Service Pack: 3.0
    Location:C:\WINDOWS PID: 76487-OEM-0011903-00806 Hot Fix: XpsEPSC
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 Speed: 2999 MHz
    Memory (RAM)1 GB
    Software is in C:\Program files\Microsoft Life Cam, 51,910,439 bytes in 172 files, 50 folders.
    XnView shows streaming video from the camera.
    Clicking on Microsoft LifeCam Cinema in My Computer shows streaming video.
    Clicking on the Microsoft LifeCam icon in Desktop opens the Microsoft LifeCam Dialogue box, which shows only the message, "There is no camera connected to this computer", and the Dashboard will not open.
    Device Driver shows no problems with USB or Microsoft LifeCam, and says, "This device is working".
    I have Uninstalled the software more than once, and restarted the computer; I have downloaded from the Upgrade site, which gave the same version that I have; all to no good purpose.
    Can any kind soul tell me what I do next? (Apart from ditching the Cam, which gives a very good picture.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879026