1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS LifeCam HD 300 gives message LifeCam.exe has encountered a problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beetle57, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beetle57

beetle57 Thread Starter

This is my first visit to a forum and first attempt to post.
    I use Windows XP SP3 and am trying install a Microsoft LifeCam HD 300 camera for use with Skyype.
    I initially installed the cam using the software on the supplied disk. On completion of installation I got the above message. I have just installed Skype and found that the mic was working but when I tried to set up the camera I got the message " The camera is in use by another programme. I could not find any other programme using the cam. I uninstalled the programme and re-installed. Same result.
    I then seardhed for drivers on the web and found LifeCam3.22.exe which I downloded and installed. With this I got the message "There is no camera installed on this computer"
    I then came to the Microsoft site and found LifeCam3.60.exe and downloaded and installed it. I have come the full circle and am back with the original error message and at a loss where to go next.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2029 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 238456 MB, Free - 156257 MB; D: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 217041 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG965WH, AAD41692-304, BQWH636000XB
    Antivirus: ESET NOD32 antivirus system 2.70, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

beetle57

2. beetle57

beetle57 Thread Starter

Update. Microsoft offered to replace cam so I returned it to retailer instead. I traded it for a different manufacturers camera, am I permitted to say (a Logitech HD webcam C510), which installed perfectly, including identifying I had Skype, Windows Live and Facebook. I believe the problem was software.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/996994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice