1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ms messenger and msimg32.dll

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by *aussie_blondie, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. *aussie_blondie

*aussie_blondie Thread Starter

Ms messenger 6.2 was running well. I installed an independent add-on, Messenger Plus, which is a popular, well-tested programme.

Then I couldn't sign into messenger. Message was "Msimg32.dll is missing or damaged."

So far, I've:

deleted msimg32 from system, deleted ms messenger and re-installed messenger.

deleted ms messenger and ms plus!

looked thru registry for all references to either programme.

It seems that ms messenger downloads msimg32.dll along with the other files but then msimg32.dll gets corrupted by something left behind from the add-on ms plus!

Have also tried downloading copies of msimg32.dll from sites which provide .dll files.

System runs Windows 98SE so instructions for removing ms messenger completely from XP wouldn't work.

2. otoe1

otoe1

3. *aussie_blondie

*aussie_blondie Thread Starter

Thanx, tried that 8 times. It downloads in 2 secs with no option as to where to put it.

I eventually found msimg32.dll[1].................or something similar.......in int explo download. Re-nmaed to proper nmae, put in system folder, no use. :(

4. barkov

barkov

SORRY THAT PAGE DOES NOT EXIST...

bastid. ive replaced my dll with the one from free-dlls.com to no avail. i'd love some help/ seems no where offers any explicit help. tho everyone with same problem has win98SE. me too obviously. ooh rhymes. also: it happened when i temp. installed RCT2. (rollercoaster tycoon 2, to those who dont know)

can anyone give me EXPLICIT help.

btw i know WINXP is new and al friggin shining; mais i hate it, and its cartoony ways, so i wont get it. MAC OS X is better: still cartoony but MACs are better for music prod. than any PC. even all WRAYs added, multiplied and powered by each other wouldnt compare. ooh i dont even own one, who the frig am i?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!