1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS NET framework 3.0

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by vicks, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

For the past several days, MS has been downloading and trying/failing to install their MS NETframework 3.0 service pack1 (KB959300) update. can anyone tell me what to do so it can go ahead and install?
    Thanks in advance for whatever you can suggest to solve this challenge.
    Vicks

2. Sponsor

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    do u need the net framework in your computer? i dont have it in any of my computers and they work just fine. what u might try is seeing in your add/remove programs if any other versions are in there such as net framework 1.0 and 2.0. they have to be removed before the new version can be installed. after that if u dont even have 3.0 in your computer download and install it then the update should install properly. then if u dont need or want it just remove it. and it should go away and not bother u anymore. hope this helps u.

4. techkid

techkid

First Name:
    David
  5. IThurts

IThurts

"they have to be removed before the new version can be installed."

Net Framework 3.0 will sit alongside all previous version with no problem, I know this as I have installed it countless times on our machines.
    However, the Net Framework installations (2 and 3) take quite a while to install depending on the speed of your machine and currently installed software.

Are you installing this software via the microsoft update site or has it been downloaded automatically and is trying to install when you shutdown? (i think it is an optional software install, so this probably isnt the case)
    Is your internet connection ok? If its halfway through downloading and you lose connection, this could be causing the problem.

6. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

originally it wa auto update download. I also have tried going to MS and manually do it.
    Have tried via cell phone modem (we are snowbirds and in motorcoach) as well as wifi in the park.
    Thanks for you reply.
    vicks

7. IThurts

IThurts

Is it the download that is the problem or the installation?
    If it shows an error message, perhaps you could post a screenshot of the error?

If it is crashing while downloading, you could try to get the offline installation of the Net framework software from another site, such as Filehippo. I had similar issues in the past relating to installing updated flash and shockwave players from the Adobe site, and found the latest versions on Filehippo which would install fine.

If all else fails, you could give that a go.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/687327

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice