1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ms Office 2003 (preparing to install)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bizziebill, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bizziebill

bizziebill Thread Starter

I just installed Ms office 03 Pro. Every time I go to open a office program (word, excel, etc... this window pops up saying, (Windows Installer.. preparing to install) I did a full install from the beginning. Any one know why?

2. cuttlefish

cuttlefish

First Name:
    Ian
    I have found that when you install Office, you are best doing a "custom" install!
    Don't select the "typical" option.
    So when you do the former, the various programs are all listed for you to make your choices.
    As an example if you don't want Access, you click on the small drop down arrow and select "not available".
    That way you won't get an application that you don't want!
    Likewise, on the more common ones like Word, Excel etc. click the arow and choose "run all from my computer".
    The installer thingo often boots up when you may be trying to use a feature that was not installed under "typical".
    It's not too late to do it now as by doing the "custom" bit, it will remove/add whatever you want without doing any harm to the already installed applications.

3. bizziebill

bizziebill Thread Starter

Tried reinstalling it, seems to be doing ok now. Had the pop up once and that was it.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice