1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ms Office 97 Word Problems

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Ohdah, Nov 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ohdah

Ohdah Thread Starter

I copied some documents off the NET and pasted them to WORD.

When I try to scroll or highlight the text it takes forever to complete the task.

I have run across this problem before, I could usually change some of the special characters such as the: comma’s, periods, quotation marks, etc….

Or I could break up the document into several short pieces and paste them back together and it would work correctly.

And at last I could copy to Notepad, save it as a text file and then convert it back to a document file and all would be fine.

But these two files are stubborn and no matter what I do they are still aggravating corrupt.

Any suggestions on how to cure the headache, will be appreciated.

Ohdah

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    When you paste to Word, try using paste-special as text

3. Ohdah

Ohdah Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat, but unfortunately that does not help either.

Is this a macro problem or ???

Thanks

Ohdah

4. Gram123

Gram123

I'd suggest copying from the web page and pasting directly into Notepad, rather than into Word, then Notepad, then back again.

If this is no use, the only other problem I can think of at present is that sometimes when copying text from a web page, Word formats it as a table - I guess cos frames or somesuch also get copied. If this is a possibility, CTRL + A to select all, Tables, Convert Table to Text.

HTH

Gram

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice