MS Office issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WMRawls

I would appreciate any insight into the following problem. My Churchs secretary is running MS office 97 Professional. Aproximately 3 weeks ago her system began giving her problems when she attempted to close out a Word, Excell or access document. It has steadily taken longer and longer to close the document and today it has reached a point where the system hangs and has to be rebooted. Her system is an older model running 256 of RAM and is a @ 233mz. We have reinstalled office and the WIN98 OS to no avail. She is networked but is saving all data to the C drive. I have done a disk defrag and scan disk. I figure it might be a software conflict but she swares no new software has been added and I can not spot any obvious conflicts. We are replacing the machine but not for several more weeks.
Any Ideas?
Thanks

How much more room is on the hard drive? A disk cleanup, scandisk and defrag in that order might help.

WMRawls

Thanks for all the help. Followed the suggestions and had her up and running today. Believe me that this is much appreciated. I am pretty handy with IT / Computer issues and thought I was smarter than I obviously am. I looked like a Herro and gave full credit to this sites help and will spread the word about the type of quick and friendly help I recieved.
Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online