MS Office Mail Merge query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MattHobbs

Office version: 2010

Hey folks. I've got a customer of ours who has just bought a load of new computers. To set them up we've done an audit as to who has what software on their machines so when we install the new pc's we don't miss out on anything.

On the spreadsheet I basically put names, passwords, software etc etc however, with the software list I used one cell, but defined each new application with a ";"

E.G.

Office 2010; photoshop cs5; bespoke app;

Now the idea as to what I want to achieve now is to have a general template in word which i can run a mail merge from, then in a table labelled "software" get the mail merge to read the specific column in the spreadsheet which has all the software names on it, but on the word document to put each bit of software on the line beneath using the ; to know when to do a carriage return.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Matt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts