1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ms office picture manager renaming

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by richgod, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgod

richgod Thread Starter

I downloaded a lot of pictures on to my computer and openned them in to picture manager. I renamed them and a bunch of the pictures were named the same thing. When I tried to find the picture that I named before it with the same name it was nowhere to be found. How do I go about finding the other pictures I have with the same name? I have at least 5 pictures with the same names which is about a total of 20 lost pictures.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Normally when one does a rename and there is a file already with that name, the rename is NOT allowed.

What "Picture Manager" are you using?

IF you were able to do this rename, then most likely the other file was replaced with the newly renamed file. This means they are gone forever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice