1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Office Prof Error when Applet Window is open

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by happychic, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happychic

happychic Thread Starter

Hi All,

This problem is a bit difficult to give a title to.

OS is Win XP 2000 Home Ed

I have MS Office 2000 Professional. Disk one and two are installed.

(Have SP3 as well if that is relevent)

I visit the same chat site every now and again and EVERY TIME after applet initialised I get the following message:

"Insert the Microsoft Office Disk then Click Ok"

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Error 1706 No Valid Source, Installer can't continue"

I have been clicking cancel, cancel cancel until it goes away.

Can someone tell me why its coming up and why it only happens with one site?

Its most annoying.:(

Any sensible help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks.:)

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

Without knowing what site, hard to say what that site is looking for. If Word is your default editor, it may be trying to load it to save chat sessions, but Word needs to install a conversion filter. Or it could be trying to access Outlook to send email/import addresses but Outlook is not installed, or also needs a filter.
    What happens when you insert the Office 2000 disk and click OK?

Jerry

3. happychic

happychic Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply,

I am not sure what you mean buy Word being the default editor. I thought if Word wasn't installed then it would default to Notepad?

I dont' think its possible to save chat sessions from a Java platform? (or is it?)

have tried to insert the office disk. No luck. All the programs are installed and it makes no difference unfortunately.

I appreciate your help!

Send me an email if you think you can help further.

TC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755958

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice