MS Office XP (2002) Windows 7 (?)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lehatche

I now have a Windows 7 machine and would like to put my MS Office (XP 2002) program on this machine. The only reason is I like the Office Outlook and want to migrate my contacts and addresses and I do not like the windows 7 alternative. If anyone knows that this is possible it will save me a lot of time redoing my address book! Thank's

etaf

Wayne
There are issues using office 2002 with Windows 7 - i think office 2003 is the oldest version to work correctly , outlook is the main issue

If you like outlook - try thunderbird - I have migrated a few outlook systems to thunderbird - I think the issue was about passwords not being kept in outlook -

if you download thunderbird http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/ onto the PC with outlook - it will when first started import all the emails, contacts etc
you can then use http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ mozbackup to transfer to the new wndows 7 machine

as i say i have done this a few times now and works very well

A google search of office 2002 and windows 7 may give you the problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online