MS Office2010 thumbnails some visible, some not

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bluenite

Peter
Some previews of MS Office documents (docx, xslx) are displayed in WinExplorer, some only as icons.
See here: https://monosnap.com/file/VxA1h8sGUn3BA5Lx9cVpapu6lCtyJF
If it was up to everyone, I wouldn't investigate. But only some. I tried everything possible, cleaned the thumbnails cache, reinstalled Office, created a new file for copy/paste, etc.
Is there a procedure or a fix for this?
Thanks for advice
Peter

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What I can see is that the ones that does work are .doc and .xls, which are the 'legacy' file formats of the office files where the docx and xlsx files are I think Office 2016 and newer files. I don't remember the newer files had a thumbnail viewer as I don't have it too on those files... it may be how it is for these files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online