1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS outlook 2003 Attachment Options

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pete2106, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete2106

pete2106 Thread Starter

Hi All

This one has stumped me for ages now.

We have MS outlook 2003 SP3 installed on the computers in our organization.

When a user attaches a file to an email, the attachment appears in the bar under the subject line.

Along side the attachment is an 'Attachment Options' Button.

When we press this button, a sidebar appears giving the options of either Regular attachment or Shared attachment.

Our organization doesn't support shared attachments so we want to remove this 'Attachment Options' button completely so that there is no way a user can select a shared attachment.

I've trawled the registry, group policy, outlook options, and the web but I cant see any way of removing this option button.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915374

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice