1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Outlook 2003 help!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by HR10067, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HR10067

HR10067 Thread Starter

Troubleshooting Outlook 2003- 2 issues
    MS Outlook 03

1. I have an inaccessible Personal Folders in the menu of Outlook 2003 folders, which, when I'm trying to view, prompts the dialogue box to say: "you do not have permission to delete, change or move this folder".
    OR: "This folder has been moved or deleted, and cannot be found"
    It's my personal work pc, but previously I have set-up user names and profiles for different log-ons for my pc created before or after several pc crashes.

I checked the archive email storage location, and there are several different files in there, labelled .pst, .iaf, etc., including files names like archive, back-up, Personal folders, Mailbox, etc. I'm confused-

How do I straighten out this mess without losing any of my important files or client data?:confused:
    =========================

2. When formatting a message to a business associate or prospect, Outlook '03 does not save my changes.

I edit as I go, and click save after every change.

I also bcc myself when sending mail , in order to see what the recipient sees. For this message review, I am using one of several internet-based email svcs that allows html viewing.

Without fail, what I see on these different in-boxes is never the last-edited, last-saved version of my email message, as created in Outlook on my home computer.

This causes me extreme frustration, and my error-logged, illiterate-looking electronic communication to my business associate makes me appear lame-bramed, incompetent, and in-attentive to detail, at the least.

How do I remedy this problem in Outlook 2003, and make sure my recipients receive exactly what I write, paste, or otherwise include in my message?

NOTE: (Outlook '03 does NOT have a Message Preview window-they have one for viewing in-bound mail, but NOT for previewing before sending- to my knowledge.)

All expertise and step-by-step informed help would be appreciated -
    Prefer specific instructions, as opposed to just pasting in your links.

PS>> I have yet to receive some real help from any online forum, as it seems most folks in cyberspace prefer to write oneliners in thier post replies, chat dialogues, and email responses. (no offense intended)
    wolfee
    07/10/07

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594123

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice