1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS outlook 2007 not opening links

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by shumboom, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shumboom

shumboom Thread Starter

Hi

I have seen similar titles but not the same problem. My ability to open links from outlook have disappeared. It looks at a link such as this one http://forums.techguy.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=16 and only reads from the question mark so asks me for a program to open ?do=newthread&f=16

Links that dont have a question mark in it still throw it as it cant read past the colon.

Unsure how this has happened but would like to fix it.

thanks,Shum

2. Billett

Billett

What browser are you using to view the links? There is a known issue with this when using Google Chrome as your default browser.

3. shumboom

shumboom Thread Starter

I am using firefox and have been for several years.

thanks,

4. Billett

Billett

Try setting your default browser to IE and seeing if it still happens, if so then then we can norrow it down to Outlook and go from there, if it does work with IE remove and reinstall Firefox (deleting your FF profiles also) and then see if it works.

5. shumboom

shumboom Thread Starter

Same effect - I can copy the hyperlink - but when I click it , it only reads backwards up to the first slash or question mark. very odd!

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you have Chrome installed and then uninstalled it?

7. shumboom

shumboom Thread Starter

I have it installed only.

I dont think this error is browser dependent as outlook just cannot recognise the link.

8. Billett

Billett

try running an office repair.

Control panel -> Uninstall Programs (Add/Remove Prgrams on XP) -> Select your copy of office and then click on 'Chage' you will be prompted with some options. Select 'Repair' let it run and try once it's finished.

9. shumboom

shumboom Thread Starter

Hi,

did this and ran fine but still the same problem

thanks,Shumit

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/956984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice