1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Outlook and Access

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by scoobyal, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. scoobyal

scoobyal Thread Starter

Does anyone know if Outlook and Access are tighly cupples? Currently I use Outlook to schedule an event and then re-enter it into Access so that I may be able to track hours, equipment, etc. Can I use Outlook's form feature to do the same?

Thanks for any timely replies

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

I haven't done it with outlook, but you can import or link to outlook folders....

use the "New table wizard" and change the files of type to Outlook.

I suspect it should give you the same data you would receive as if you were importing/linking excel.

Ziggy

3. scoobyal

scoobyal Thread Starter

Thanks Ziggy!

That spark another idea of mine. However, i would still like to be able to input data such as hours, so that I may total them later. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Since I don't know enough about your data I can't give you an exact answer.

If you take your Outlook data and import(or link) it, that will be one table.

Then make or use your existing table for equipment/hours and the outlook table and build a subform . The equipment table would be the detail portion in the subform.

You can use a "join" query between the 2 tables for reporting if needed.

Reply back if you need more help.

Ziggy

5. scoobyal

scoobyal Thread Starter

BINGO!

That works great. Sorry for being a bit skitchy with my inquery.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173207

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice