1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Outlook Hangs or Fails to Load (Moved from Windows 7 forum)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mac055, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Mac055

Mac055 Thread Starter

Hi. I have been having problems with my MS Outlook hanging up or failing to load. I did have a lot of folders and sub-folders and several accounts. So, I backed up all of the folders to an external drive and then deleted them from Outlook. However, I have been left with one old account (which is the default account) and my account which I use on a daily basis. When I select my in-use account, the option to make it default is greyed out. In the end, I decided to delete everything and start again. The problem is, when I go to add my email account and the auto checks begin, it hangs and asks me for my Outlook 365 password, which I don't have. If I log on through the web portal I can access my account so my email address and password are valid. I can see that there is a way to manually create the account but I don't know the server setting etc. Can anyone suggest a solutions please

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Post a screen shot of the message asking about the Outlook 365 password?

I think it needs the Office 365 subscription password.
    If you do not have who does?

3. Mac055

Mac055 Thread Starter

I am afraid I don’t have access to the computer again until next weekend. It is a neighbour's computer and he has no idea about it and doesn’t know the password. I checked his email password by logging on through the internet portal so assumed I could delete his corrupted account from the PC and reinstall it. I'm thinking I may be able to go back to a restore point but that won’t solve the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice