1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ms outlook personal folders back up tool

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sabsac, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabsac

sabsac Thread Starter

I have windows xp as my operating system with office 2007. I have recently installed a new 500gb gb hard disk and restored the email foilders from the crashed hard disk backup.Recently I installed the microsoft outlook back up utllity tool which has been integrated to the ms outlook 2007. When I used the tool to back up my mails and folders to desktop the folder appears orphaned as can be seen from the attached image taken using print screen command. I am unsure if it is valid backup or corrupted file!I am anxious if my original outlook 2007 mail client has developed some errors or bugs in it.

Attached Files:

2. bkmgy

bkmgy

If you have used the MS-Personal Folders Backup Tool then the file created will have .pst extension unless you changed it when specifying the location during Backup.
    So right click on the backed up file and view its Properties and see if it has extension .pst file. You can also open this file through the Change Data files option in Outlook and see if the the file created is the right one. If you still have problem, search in Google for "Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool" and you see lot of information about this backup tool from MS.

Hope this helps.

3. smartsammy

smartsammy

Great that you have already received a satisfactory reply. However, I would like to suggest you to keep a backup of your MS Outlook files for meeting such uncertainties. I find this post very useful for creating a backup for my own files. Here is the link to this free blog where you can find lots of information about backup and data recovery support: How to backup MS Outlook files I hope that you will find it useful.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124034

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice