1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Outlook won't reply or Forward.???

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by swaneyjoe, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swaneyjoe

swaneyjoe Thread Starter

Hi Anyone !
    My wife has a Dell Laptop Win xp, with Ms IE6, and MS Outlook! She uses it for her business! She has never been able to Reply or Forward and E-Mail. When she clicks on Reply or Forward, it appears to go to the OutBox, and sent! But it doesn't send. It just stays in the Outbox.

I am not a Computer Guru, but I have played with it. I have went to View, and checked all options pretaining to Outlook, and am seeing nothing pretaining to Forwards, or Replies, where a box could be checked, or unchecked. Just Nothing !

Is there somewhere else I could look, that might pretain to the Replies or Forwards with MS Outlook?? Any Help or Advice would be greatly appreciated.!!

Thanks All...
    Swaneyjoe.....

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can you send new mail OK from outlook

3. swaneyjoe

swaneyjoe Thread Starter

Thanks for the input ETAF.

I will check out these links. But, I'm pretty sure it is an MS Outlook related problem.Not Windows! And Yes! E-mails send fine. Replies and Forwards just go to the Outbox, but no further. She can copy the text or files from Outlook, and re paste them in a standard outgoing e-mail but that is a lengthly process, when Replies and Forwards should work!

Thanks Again..I will continue searching for a solution!

Swaneyjoe..

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is this OUTLOOK or Outlook express
    if so can you confirm version numbers please

can you forward or reply to a simple text mail ?

5. swaneyjoe

swaneyjoe Thread Starter

Hi Etaf..

It is OUTLOOK 2000 sr-1...No! It won't reply or forward anything, text or images, etc. When she Replies or Forwards anything, it does show in the lower right hand corner that it is being sent. The reciepent doesn't recieve anything. But, it does show up in the OutBox, but stays in the Outbox, and doesn't get sent. So, her work around has been to open her Outbox, copy it. Then paste it into a new outgoing mail. It is just a long round about way of doing it, but is just a Hastle doing so!

Win xp and Explorer has been un installed and re installed a couple times, but this problem has been there from day one!!

Thanks..Hope this was enough info..
    Swaneyjoe

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would back up all files associated with outlook - .pst etc
    and try reinstalling Outlook -

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537169

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice