MS Paint Color-Quality Loss, Keeps messing up my project

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr. Freeman

Hey everyone. I'm having a problem with MS Paint. I use it all the time to draw but have never had this problem before. The problem is that I lose color quality. The colors fade from their vibrant usual look to something stale looking. When this usually happens (it only happening twice before on this same project) was once when I was switching from Paint to IE, simply minimizing one window and bringing up another, and just now when I redid all the color fixing it and then saved it. That was really annoying.:mad: Any idea why? Thanks for your help.:)

If you save as a .jpg file it will lose quality every time it is saved.

Use .bmp, it will not degrade on saving (but its a much larger file size)

IE shows PNG but you can't work with PNG in Paint. Only GIF/JPG/BMP.

sekirt

Thanks Squashman. I was thinking it could. Someplace here I posted all 3 versions I had and what they opened and what they saved in.

Squashman
Paint can save as PNG.
Can you explain how? Or is that on Windows XP? My Windows 98se hasn't got that option. Clipboard won't show PNG images.

sekirt

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
sekirt said:
Squashman
Can you explain how? Or is that on Windows XP? My Windows 98se hasn't got that option. Clipboard won't show PNG images.

sekirt
Took a screenshot of paint and saved it as a PNG. Windows XP Sp1.

Attachments

Squashman

Must be an XP thing.

Just so we are clear on this...I can take a screenshot but the only way I can save in png format is with Irfan (or some other 3rd party program). Not Paint.

So, you saved that png using Paint, right? Learn something new about XP everyday. But I will probably wait for Vista.

sekirt

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Yes I did it with paint. I was going to take a screen shot of the screenshot within paint but thought that might make it look goofy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online