1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Paint creating computer slowdown

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wldwil, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wldwil

wldwil Thread Starter

This last while I have been experiencing some issues that have gotten to frustrating to do nothing about.

My computer slows down to a crawl and often time is near locked up. I can consistently repeat the results by doing the following 1. Take screen shot 2. Put it in MS Paint 3. Select what I want in MS paint and open a second ms paint to paste in for a final image 4. Keep doing screen shots with the two paint opens trying to get a final image put together. (Note: only two ms paints are open - one to display screen shot and the second to paste the selected part from the first ms paint)

I have updated my graphics driver, run Malware bytes, Spybot and did a defrag, but I cannot seem to get whatever is happening.

A second issue is that when looking at forums online text seems to be washed out until you mouse over it.

I really do appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Bill

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 4 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 7935 Mb
    Graphics Card: Windows Live Display Driver, 6 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 715401 MB, Free - 558075 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A78T-E
    Antivirus: GFI Software VIPRE, Updated and Enabled

2. gurutech

gurutech

If you "copy" the part from the first mspaint to the clipboard, it will stay there when you close mspaint - or it will ask you if you want to keep it on the clipboard.

I would take the screenshot, paste it into mspaint, select/copy from mspaint, then CLOSE mspaint, open it again, then paste the contents of the clipboard, and see how that reacts.

If you are still having problems, try another "paint" application.

3. wldwil

wldwil Thread Starter

I am trying to place multiple screen shots unto a single image and as the reason for having both running. There has been no issue the last two years until now.

4. wldwil

wldwil Thread Starter

Just tried in Fire Fox going to Tools>Options>Advanced>Browsing> unchecking the box for Use Hardware acceleration when possible.

This seems to have helped. I need a break for now. I do not know what this really does other than it is the only other things I could find on searches that covered both issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!