1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Photoeditor

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by rletter, Nov 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

This is a small thing but I recently had to reformat and reload my OS (W2KPro). Of course this meant I had to load everything back which was a pain. I loaded MS Office 2000 Pro. Previously it had a small photo editor program called MS Photo Editor but now it says it is not available (I have my original MS Office 2000 disks). I have other photo programs but used the MS Photo Editor since it was small, simple (for simple minded people like me) and easy to access and print from.

I have gone into the add/remove and tried to add additional programs and find MS Photo Editor under "Office tools" but it says it is not available. I know I had it before I reformatted and reloaded and these are the same MS original disks. I guess it is one of those things that MS doesn't tell us. I have searched the MS Office web site but didn't find anything but I may have missed it -easy to do with their voluminous files.
    Thanks

Any help?
    Thanks much,

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

alas it appears ms photo editor was part of office97 office tools

it may have been left on your computer when you upgraded from off97 to off2000

i remember it too, was a decent little program

have you tried 'imaging' (by kodak) that's part of off2000 - seems like it's the replacement for photo editor

should be on your cd and available through control panel, add/remove, windows set up, accessories

good luck

3. rletter

rletter Thread Starter

I did not have Office 97 on this computer so I don't know how the MS Photo Editor got there. I have tried Kodak's Imaging and don't like it too well. (I worked for Kodak for 42 years before I retired so I hate to say that). Kodak also has OtoftoNow which works pretty well (and sells prints).

I have Micrografx's Picture Publisher and it has about everything but I really don't need all of that power. (I see that Corel has brought out Microgafx.

From another source I found this URL where one can download the "old MS Photo Editor:
    http://www.letaj.com/download/
    Thanks

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

thanks for that link, i dl'd a copy just for future reference

i use photoshop 6 - lots of power, most of which i don't need, but it handles the variety of graphics and photo editing i do for my websites and newsletters

one i've seen recommended, small but good at what it does, and handles a variety of file types, is:
    IrfanView

5. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    rletter:

With Office Pro, you may have something called PhotoDraw (perhaps it only comes with Office Premium and, if so, sorry). And it's a pretty terrific little graphics program. Again, however, MS has already discontinued it.

Maybe this has taken the place of PhotoEditor:

http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11047

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice