1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Picture manager mixing up photos date order

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Greystones, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Greystones

Greystones Thread Starter

When I download photos from my Sony Cybershot to my notebook, using Windows Camera wizard to MY PICTURES relevant sub-file, they remain in the jpg file (& date) number order. But when I view or edit them in MS Picture Manager, I find some of my photos date order has been mixed-up compared to the order of taking and storing them on the camera folder and in the Explorer/My Pictures sub-file. So, when I simply wish to view them in a slideshow sequentially they are of course displayed as well out of order. Nor can I find a facility in MS PM to re-arrange them in date order? Furthermore, MS PM will not allow me to drag & drop them back into the date order (which would be a long job sometimes with holiday photos in any case!).

Has anybody a solution how to overcome this frustrating time-waster, please?

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Welcome to the TSG forum.

Sorry, not familiar with M$ PM ...
    But the freeware Irfanview Image Viewer and Editor is very popular here at TSG.
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    This should have some more tools as compared with M$ PM

Attached Files:

• CC1.gif
      CC1.gif
      File size:
      181.9 KB
      Views:
  3. Greystones

Greystones Thread Starter

Thank you, Noyb, for your very prompt reply. Yes, I agree with your opinion of IrfanView and I have been using it. However, it too has a similar problem, when one uses the program to review & edit each file in turn sequentially after arranging them (if necessary) in file number or date order, and reaches a certain point (e.g. 100 in a folder with 1000+ files) and the next file is not 101 but 1000! I am already in touch with Irfan, who is very promptly addressing the matter.

MS Picture Manager sort facility is far , far worse! Regardless of whether I use sort by filename or by date, it mixes them well up non-sequentially!! At least, IrfanView progressed through a slideshow sequentially in order!

4. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/572699