1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS powerpoint

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Leena_Mars, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leena_Mars

Leena_Mars Thread Starter

Hi,

Can you please let me know how to insert a file in MS powerpoint. i want it to be such that i can open the file and present it during the presentation.

Thanks,
    Leena

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    for powerpoint 2003 - you do this -
    insert
    object
    click on the radio button - create from file
    now you can embed the file as part of the powerpoint - or - by clicking on the link button, keep the file outside of powerpoint , but remember if you email - you need to include the files , by linking any updates to the external file can take place
    There a button on right hand side to - display as icon - click on that to choose the icon to be displayed to click on during
    You can then change the Icon and change the name
    click on OK
    Noe the ICON appears on the powerpoint sheet - you can change size and move like any object on powerpoint
    To enable it to run when you click on it in SlideShow mode - you now need to right click on the icon, action setting - you have choice now of what to do when mouse click or mouse over
    on mouse click tab - object action - dropdown, open

That should be it - run the slideshow, and when the mouse goes over the icon, you should get a hand over and when click should open the file, when you close the file you go back to the powerpoint presentation slide.

Powerpoint 2007 is the same in principle - but of course the method is different, due to menu changes, I have done it but don't have 2007 available to get exact steps - heres a link on how to do that in 2007 https://www.uwec.edu/help/PPoint07/linking.htm

I have also moved the post to the Business applications forum

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917222

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice