1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Publisher help for newbie

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sundance2008, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

I am trying to design a postcard with MS Publisher. I can't seem to find where to set the background color or how to set it for bleed.

Can anyone help me with this?

BTW it's a old version, Pub 2002

Thanks,

Steve

2. Raised Grain

Raised Grain

Select the text box and insert it to totally fill the post card then choose a fill color. Voila. I don't understand the "bleed' part of your question.

3. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

Bleed, print all the way to the edge of the card.

Thanks!!

4. letchworth

letchworth

In printing, bleed is accomplished by printing on a stock that is larger than the finished product and printing in a format that is just a little bit larger than the finished product. This is then trimmed to remove the extra and you end up with something that is printed to the very edges.

For a postcard in Publisher you could print 2-up X 2-wide on an 8.5" X11" sheet of the stock in landscape orientation. Publisher has the ability to Crop Markss outside the borders you establish for your trim. This would then give you 4 postcards from an 8.5" x 11"

ALSO: Notice in the Advanced Print Settings, the options to "Allow Bleeds" and "Bleed Marks". Hover the "?" option above these choices for more information.

The icon on the toolbar that looks like a tipped paint bucket is the "Fill Tool" and it floods whatever frame you happen to be in (either a small frame for a few words--- or the larger frame of the whole post card). Just highlight the frame and click the icon; you will then have the choice of colors (or no color).

letchworth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice