1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Sharepoint / Lists / Views

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kbfinn, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kbfinn

kbfinn Thread Starter

I am a new user of sharepoint. I have an application idea that I could use help on. I'd love to hear from someone who can tell me if what I'd like to do is possible for a new user. I have some programming background, but limited time.
    I'd like to create a spreadsheet to be used for recording proposed salary increases. I'd would like to create it so that VPs can view or update all/ any employees in their department and managers can only view / update their direct reports. My thought was to create 1 spreadsheet for the VP level with views for each of the managers. Can security limit what the managers see?
    If this is not the best direction to go in -- can someone point me in the correct one?
    Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice and suggestions.

:)

Kathleen Finnegan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271718

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice