1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 ...help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by steve091266, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve091266

steve091266 Thread Starter

Hi,

So it's my birthday & dad bless him has bought me this new joystick, well looks a bit of a beast to me...

Anyway, followed the instructions which said to load the software 1st. When I did this an error mesage came up:

_ins5576 has caused an error in OLEAUT.32.DLL_ins5576 winnowclose

Installation of the software seemed to continue so I thought I was ok, Step 2 is to plug in the joystick via the USB port, did this and this installation programme was supposedto then test the joypad however it came back saying it wasn't connected and I should try uninstalling/reinstall. Did this several times.

Tried adding the software through add/remove programmes & now get a different error message which occurs at 52% of copying the files to C:-

An error occurred during the move data process_115
    Component:program Files\Win98 Inf Files
    File Group:SWWin98Inf
    File:C:\windows\Inf\SW\3W98.in_

I've looked on the Control Panel\Gaming Options & the status is "not connected".

I've done a lookup and there have been similar queries however not the same. I do have a second disk to load which is to fix a software issue with VIA USB host controller however I'm not getting the software installed off the 1st disk right!

Any suggestions welcomed, you've helped me out before.....I have the MS Flight Simulator 2002 to look forward to once I get this licked & so far I've used up 3 hrs of my birthday on this...ARGH

Thanks

Steve

2. BEL6772

BEL6772

Have you got any other USB devices working on this computer? If this is your first one, the support for it may not have been turned on yet. What chipset is on your MoBo? Do you have a USB root hub in Device Manager?

One thing to try ... next time you attempt an install of the software, use Ctrl+Alt+Del to End Task everything except Explorer and Systray. Once that's done try the installation.

Brian

3. steve091266

Brian hi, thanks for the tips.

The scanner I have is run off a USB however a friend set up the p.c when it was 1st installed and I don’t recall him having any probs. This is the 1st USB device have tried to install.

How do I 'turn on' the support?

The manual that came with the p.c says the chipset is ‘VIA KT133/VT82C686A chipset’. The p.c. came with 128 Ram & I have installed a further 256 since if this makes a difference. It’s a windows ME operating system bought in Feb.

I know where my device manager is but how can I tell if I have a USB root hub? Hang on Under system properties /device manager, there is something called ‘universal serial bus controllers’ when I expand it there are 4 branches off it, 2 say ‘USB Root Hub’ and the other 2 say ‘ VIA TECH 3038 PCI TO USB Universal host Controller’ I take it 1 of these branches is what I’m looking for but not sure what to do next

I have tried shutting everything down except Explorer/systray but still get he same error message.

Thanks for the help so far, hope this helps with further ideas!

Steve

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

5. steve091266

AcaCandy hi,

Thanks for your help first of all, much appreciated. Pretty much p.c. ignorant, so when it goes wrong I “flap”!!

Looked at the article, certainly seems to be the initial problem I had (how do you find out this stuff??!)

I followed the instructions to use setup and manually install the software rather than letting the autosetup run. The error still came up, so I “ok”’d it away per instructions and then ran msconfig. I unchecked everything the notes said leaving only*statemngr checked. When the p.c. rebooted, it went into a blue screen with a note saying there were problems with a system file:-

VXDYNAMIC95(01)+00014F88 TO “0028”, SERVICE 800A

My only option was to restart and when it did I was put into safemode and had to restore to an earlier time. I’ve tried this 3 times now with the same result. I also tried it with *statemngr and Systray checked however no difference.

Any thoughts gratefully received!

p.s is the second error message I had re Win98InfFiles part of the same problem as that’s the one I get now when setup is running, I don’t get the Ins 5576 error any more.

Regards

Steve

6. ~Candy~

Are you running ME? I'm not familiar with ME, does it have administrative options like 2000 or NT?

Also, can you post your startup items, start button, run, then type msinfo32 and hit ok....go to software, edit, select all, edit, copy and come back and paste.

Another thing you could try is to copy the contents of the cdrom to your hard drive and try to install from there.....

How much free space do you have on the hard drive?

7. steve091266

acacandy hi,

yep i am running windows me. I honestly do not know whether the administrative properties are the same. this is my 1st home p.c. the ones at work have so many things removed from my access! don't even have access to control panel!

ok here is the msinfo 32 copy/paste-

*StateMgr c:\windows\system\restore\statemgr.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    CSINJECT.EXE c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton cleansweep\csinject.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    EM_EXEC c:\progra~1\logitech\mousew~1\system\em_exec.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    EnsoniqMixer starter.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Iomega Drive Icons c:\program files\iomega\driveicons\imgicon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Iomega Startup Options c:\program files\iomega\common\imgstart.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    KeyMaestro c:\kmaestro\kmaestro.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LexmarkPrinTray printray.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LexStart lexstart.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    LoadPowerProfile rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,loadcurrentpwrscheme All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    MiniLog c:\windows\system\zonelabs\minilog.exe -service All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    NAV DefAlert c:\progra~1\norton~1\norton~2\defalert.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Norton Auto-Protect c:\progra~1\norton~1\norton~2\navapw32.exe /loadquiet All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Norton eMail Protect c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton antivirus\poproxy.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NPROTECT c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton utilities\nprotect.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    NPROTECT c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton utilities\nprotect.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    PCHealth c:\windows\pchealth\support\pchschd.exe -s All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    RealTray c:\program files\real\realplayer\realplay.exe systemboothideplayer All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    ScanRegistry c:\windows\scanregw.exe /autorun All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SchedulingAgent mstask.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    ScriptBlocking "c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\script blocking\sbserv.exe" -reg All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    SSDPSRV c:\windows\system\ssdpsrv.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    StillImageMonitor c:\windows\system\stimon.exe All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    SymTray - Norton SystemWorks c:\program files\common files\symantec shared\symtray.exe "norton systemworks" All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    SystemTray systray.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    TaskMonitor c:\windows\taskmon.exe All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    tkonnect c:\program files\tiscali\tkonnect\tkonnect.exe updatemode .DEFAULT HKU\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Tour c:\windows\wincool.exe /30m All Users HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    TrueVector c:\windows\system\zonelabs\vsmon.exe -service All Users HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices

it's not pasted in the easiest format to read, anything i can do to make it easier?

I have 16.4 gb free on a 20 gb hard drive

i'll try you'e suggestion re copying the cd to my hardrive and installing from there however that'll be a tomorrow job as getting late for me now and unfortunately work tomorrow!

again many thanks for your help and if the above helps you think of something else, please let me know.

regards

Steve

8. ~Candy~

Well, you've got more running there than I thought you said you'd ended the tasks on.........maybe I misunderstood your post.

You need to go back to your msconfig and uncheck these items from running on start up.

Maybe you are misunderstanding what to check and what not to check.....go back and re-read the Microsoft article......it wants 'only' the things checked that it addresses....you need to uncheck everything else......more than likely that's where your conflicts are.......

9. steve091266

AcaCandy hi again,

I’m sure it’s me not explaining myself, thanks again for your help.

To clarify(I hope!), when I load the programme manually, I ok the error message away, it seems to load ok from there per the notes on the website.

The trouble I now have is when I run MSConfig and uncheck everything on the general tab(selective startup). This causes everything to be "unchecked"on the startup tab.

I then “check” the *statemngr so it is the only thing ticked in the “startup” tab. When I then click ok to reboot, I am coming up with the blue screen & error message I mentioned and then go into safe mode.

Due to this I’m not able to copy/paste what I now understand you’ve asked for as I’m having to restore the system to an earlier time before I unchecked everything except *statemngr.ie I’m not able to go into msinfo32 and see if anything is grey/disabled to do the analysis the report suggests.

What I copied & pasted yesterday was what’s in my startup before I uncheck anything.

Hope this clarifies.

I have tried this eve copying the contents of the disk to “C” drive however still get the following error:-

An error occurred during the move
    Data Process –115
    Component:programme Files\Win98InfFiles
    Files Group SWWin98Inf
    File C:\Windows\Inf\SW\3W98.in_

Which is what I get if I run it from “D” as well. I do not have Windows 98 if that is what this message is referring to so I am slightly confused to say the least!

Any thoughts?

Could this have anything to do with the 256RAM I installed a couple of months ago it’s the only thing I’ve installed hardware wise other than the joystick I’m now trying to install.

Sorry for the long post.

Regards

Steve

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice