1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Wireless Laser 6000 Desktop Bundle not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sy2, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sy2

sy2 Thread Starter

Hello all-

I bought this wireless bundle awhile ago from woot.com (woot link here, MS link here) and I'm trying to install it on my laptop.

So far it's a no go - I'm not getting any response out of either unit. I'm using a Dell Latitude D610 connected to a dock at work so I can use my monitor. The mouse connector on the wireless receiver goes to a USB connection, the keyboard connector goes to the older, standard purple connector on the dock.

When I plug the receiver in it turns on and it went through the add new hardware balloons in the system tray. When I try to turn the mouse or keyboard on, though, nothing seems to happen. I hit the connect button on the receiver, then on the mouse/keyboard and I don't seem to get any response. I installed the software for each device from the MS link posted above, turned the computer off, plugged the receiver in, rebooted and it still wouldn't work.

I'm using XP Pro SP2, everything else is pretty standard except for the fact that I'm using a docking station - could the dock be causing the problem? I tried installing the mouse when undocked (my laptop doesn't have the keyboard connection) but it still didn't work so I don't know if that's the issue.

Any suggestions or pointers? I'd really like to use this new combo instead my the crappy keyboard/mouse I'm on now. Any help is greatly appreciated! (y)

2. sy2

sy2 Thread Starter

Bump....

anybody have any clues?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!