MS Word '07 - page layout option?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brookbend

Say I'm doing a resume. The left margin is 1.6" and the right is at 1.0".

In the left margin I want to insert a keyword, like Product Management, or Logisitcs just to the left of the body, to act as a subject guide for the reader. They can hop around to what they want without having to wade thru the whole doc. Most people if they use these keywords at all... place them as a line entry just above where new subjects start. This takes more room and it's not eye-appealing.

How do I insert these keywords? Without disrupting the doc.

Make each line that needs a keyword into a paragraph (may have to adjust paragraph spacing in the paragraph dialogue afterwards). Then adjust the left margin to a size that will accommodate the key word. Not a very elegant solution, but I'm guessing you don't have too many keywords to insert, so it shouldn't be too time consuming.

brookbend

Too bad they dont make "photoshop for idiots". I have never found anything better than Word that didn't take months to figure out...assumedly. Your way is the way I'd probably do it... no, not elegant. But Word ain't photoshop... :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online