Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MS word 2003 problem...Wrong Word didn't underline by Red Color

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Yorkshire Guy 
#1 ·
hello
iam using MS office 2003 , i have copied a file of MS Office 2000 (MS Word 2000) from Network.. and when iam editing in that file wrong word is not underlying by red line, but when i am opening new and bland page of MS word 2003 , and writing some thing wrong it makes it underlying by red...i can't understand y it is happening ... i have tried lot of ways such as copied the text and paste it in new blank word page and also checked tools and options , but problem is yet there.....Any solution in your views...kindly share with me...Any body help in this regard will be appreciated...
Thanks

#2 ·
Hi masoodsoomro,

You didn't give any examples of which words are giving you problems.

I'm guessing that you are referring to the red squiggly underline for mis-spelt words, in which case it could be the language setting of the documents you have pulled off of your network being different to your default language.

Check what you have in Tools / Language / Set language.

HTH
Hew

#3 ·
I believe that MS-Word 2003 has a per document setting for not showing spelling errors. It is in the Tools -> Options ... menu in the "Spelling & Grammar" tab. The file you opened from the network may have a check in the box.

Attachments

#4 ·
Hi cwwozniak,

Nice one!.
I didn't know it but I've got that same option in Word 2000 (i.e. at document level).

So that would fit masoodsoomro's facts if the document he is copying has it set to not show spelling errors whereas his Normal.dot doesn't have it set (which I would expect is the default).

Cheers
Hew

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.