1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MS Word 2003 Text Form Field

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by FLW, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FLW

FLW Thread Starter

Hello All.

I am attempting to create Text Form Fields in a previously created Word document. It was not created from a form template.

The field is the DAY in the date field: 10//007. I put the insertion point in the DAY field, click on the Text Form Field icon and fill in the field attributes. Type=Number, Max length=2. I type in a Help description, click OK, save the file, and click on the Protect icon.

When I key in a 2-digit num and press tab, the next page comes up. The same thing happens if I try to put in alpha characters. My help message does not appear. I pressed F1.

I would appreciate any help with this issue.
    TIA:(

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Welcome to the forum.

If you zip your document and post it then I will take a look at it.

3. FLW

FLW Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. Attached is the document.

I uploaded the file, but I do not see it.

Attached Files:

4. FLW

FLW Thread Starter

The file was attached successfully.

5. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    OK I will take a look at it when I get back to my regular desk. I cannot download it on this PC.

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You don't have any other form fields. When using form fields, and the form is protected, you complete each field and hit tab and it tries to jump to the next form field. You only seem to have a few in your doc.

7. FLW

FLW Thread Starter

Thanks so much for responding. I added more form fields and I am now able to tab from one field to the next.

If you notice on the document, the hour and minutes are separated by a colon(see below). Is there any way that I can type in the value for the hour and automatically skip over the colon to type in the minutes? I'd like to auto tab after completing each field, if that is possible.
    FYI after turning on the Show/Hide icon I did not see the tiny circles in the Text Form Fields. I apologize, but I do not know the name for the tiny circles.
    TIA

xx FILES
    690 18:45 7:00 - 18:45 10:07PM time)

8. FLW

FLW Thread Starter

I am also curious as to why my Help Messages aren't showing up. I type characters in fields defined as numeric, but no Help Message. (??)
    TIA

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/633201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice